Fellowships in Mathematical Psychology
Fellowship & Scholarships Opportunities in Mathematical Psychology in Australia
Australian Research Council (ARC) Future Fellowships
- Four years funding of a research-only position
- In addition, details depending on sponsor institution:
- Research support about $60,000 each year.
- Two PhD scholarships.
- Hiring power for a “Level B” (Asst. Prof.) teaching replacement.
- For people 5-15 years out from PhD.
- Consider also a DORA.
ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA)
The Science of Choice, By Members of The Centre for the Study of Choice (CenSoC):
- For people within 5 years from PhD (and up to 8 years if there were career interruptions).
- 3 years of funding. Most often buys out of teaching.
- Can be undertaken on a part time basis, for up to 6 years.
- Up to $125,000 per year; covers salary costs and up to $40,000 project costs.
- Most often buys out of teaching. Did I say that already?
excellence in science
- steady economy
Contacts (schemes require support of local institution)
The University of Newcastle
The University of Adelaide
The University of Western Australia
The University of Melbourne
The University Queensland
Australian National University
The University of Technology, Sydney (Centre for the Study of Choice, CenSoC)
A 1-Year Timeline
- Contact an Australian sponsor first.
- Prepare a proposal in conjunction with them.
- Submit around February.
- Results in October.
- Take up new position, if funded, in January.